Subject: Girl..hair
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Stewart)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 17:34:52 -0500

In a message dated Sat, 30 Dec 95 00:05 [email-masked] writes:

P> Thanks Christopher.I think I will fix the "part" in the next few days. The
P> hair is a tutorial all in itself.A tutorial for the head may be in the
P> works very soon.....

     I'd love to hear the tut. Dreads, yummm....
     After seeing your head a couple of months ago (yes, he's been perfecting
it folks..) I threw myself into my abandoned monkey head project. I ended up
sculpting it in placticine and "slicing" the results into LW. After some
adjustments I metaformed with middling results (the poly count was WAY up).
I'm presently adapting the technique to use spline patching instead. It may
take a little longer (I was using techniques based on a WaveFront tutorial)
but the poly count seems to be far lower. Has anyone out there used
Wavefront's splines? Seems that Lightwave's implementation is much harder
to use...

Christopher

                **********************************************
   Primordial   * Christopher Stewart   [email-masked] *    Graphics 
      Soup      *      http://www.islandnet.com/~dretch      *      WWW
   Animation    *   Home of the Lightwave 3D Search Engine   *    Training
                **********************************************

* Offline Orbit 0.73c *